7 Causes Common Roof Leak
The roof, more than any other structural element, can truly dictate the longevity and health of your home. A solid roof acts as a first line roofing toronto of defense against rain, snow, sleet, and pretty much any other inclement weather that can be thrown at it.
Roofing materials and technologies have advanced over the years and if applied properly can be left virtually unattended while still protecting toronto roofing your home. Unfortunately, however, roofing contractors don’t always check all of their basis and may make a few mistakes while installing your roof. These simple mistakes can lead to catastrophic results: improperly flashed or sealed roofs can lead to minor or major leaks which can lead to mold, termites, rot, and even structural failure to your home.
The most common roof leak causes include:
- Broken or missing shingles – Shingles can get damaged or blown away in strong storms. Missing shingles are usually very easy to identify but seeing if a shingle is damaged or not may require detailed storm damage inspection.
- Improperly installed or damaged flashing – If the metal installed around the chimney, dormer windows, skylights or vent pipes cracks or breaks, rainwater and moisture will easily get into the home.
- Improperly sealed valleys – If the valleys (the places where two roof planes come together) are not sealed together well, rainwater can get through them as it runs down the roof.
- Improperly installed or damaged skylights – Improper installation and/or decayed insulation along the skylights’ edges will allow water to leak into the home.
- Ice dams – When a ridge of ice forms at the edge of a roof and prevents melting snow from draining off, the blocked water may back up and leak into the home.
- Clogged gutters – When the gutters get clogged, rainwater cannot drain away and pools in one area of the roof. It may then easily find a way inside.
- Inadequate roofing materials – Certain roofing materials are specifically designed for certain types of roofs. If your roof was not constructed with adequate and proper fitting materials, leaks can easily occur.
If you suspect your home to have any of these problems don’t wait for the leaks to get worse. Contact a home improvement contractor near you to get the job done right.
Bros. Roofing https://brosroofing.info/
Best Roofing Company is Here For Shingles Roof Leak Repair in Toronto & The GTA
Let us check your roof, siding, and home for any possible damage.
Bros. Roofing is here available to help you with all of your exterior roof building needs.
Roofing, Siding, Skylight, Chimney, Gutters, Ventilation, Flashing
We offer full service roofing…tear-offs and re-roofing. Or if you are looking for a maintenance free exterior for your home you have found the right place.
We will gladly evaluate your home’s condition and provide you with a free estimate for any repairs or maintenance that we identify.