If you have applied for the R350 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) Sassa grant then you may want to keep track of your application status. Here is how to check your SRD grant status.
The South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) provides the R350 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant to South Africans who are unemployed and do not receive any form of income.
After applicants have submitted their application for the R350 grant they are able to track their application status to see the outcome.
Sassa Status Check
There are various ways to check Sassa status. You can always do an SRD status check or a general Sassa status check.
Applicants are able to track their application online using the Sassa SRD grant website. Always make sure you are using the official sassa website and not a fake or scam site pretending to be Sassa. The official Sassa website will always be on a website address ending in .gov.za.
The Social Relief of Distress Grant
The SRD grant was established during the Covid pandemic to assist South African citizens with no financial support and no income. The R350 SRD Grant has come to be very popular with those struggling to find a job.
How To Check Your Status Online
- Go to the SASSA SRD grant website
- Scroll down to ‘Application status’
- Click on ‘Click here to check online’
- Fill in the required fields
- You should then be able to see the status of your R350 grant application
You can also check your SRD application status by using WhatsApp as follows:
- Add the Sassa WhatsApp number to your contacts: 082 046 8553.
- Open WhatsApp and send a message to the Sassa number that says “Status” followed by your ID number.